Sweet potato milk halwa or shakarkand ka halwa is healthy and delicious dessert which makes on any occasion and also had during fasting days. This is easy halwa recipe to make at home. Almonds, cashew, cardamom and cinnamon give it rich and unique flavor. Sweet potatoes(shakarkand) contains carbohydrates, vitamin C, dietary fiber, vitamin B6 and beta carotene. Here is sweet potato milk halwa recipe.
1 cup boiled sweet potato(shakarkand).
a few strands of saffron(kesar).
1 tsp warm milk.
3-4 tsp butter (ghee).
1 cup milk.
1/4 cup sugar.
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder (dal chini).
1/4 tsp cardamom powder(ilaichi powder).
5-6 cashew nuts(kaju).
1. Firstly take saffron and warm milk in a small bowl.
2. After that mash the sweet potato(shakarkand) and keep aside
3. Take butter(ghee) in deep pan and heat it on medium flame.
4. Now add the mashed sweet potatoes(shakarkand) and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Now add milk, sugar and cardamom powder , cinnamon powder (dal chini), stir continuously and cook on low flame till the mixture start to leave ghee.
6. Now add the saffron-milk and chopped almonds, chopped cashew and mix well.
7. Now serve the delicious Sweet Potato Milk Halwa immediately.
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: