Chana Dal pakoda recipe is very easy to make at home and give unique taste. I learn this recipe from my mother. It is lovely snack to have during Tea time.
For making smooth batter you have to soak chana dal in water overnight.This crunchy chana dal pakoda made with chana dal, thinly sliced onion, green chilli, whole red chilli, rice flour, coriander leaves and some spices.
This is crispy from outside and soft from inside. It easily goes with green chutney or sauce.
Here My Daawat is sharing an easy chana dal pakoda recipe with you.
1 cup chana dal(split chickpeas) .
1 tsp rice flour.
1 large size of onion(pyaj).
1 green chilli.
1 whole red chilli.
½ inch ginger(adrak).
2 tsp carom seeds(ajwain).
½ tsp black pepper powder.
½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi).
¼ tsp asofoetida (hing).
½ tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves(dhaniya patti).
Oil for deep fry.
1. Firstly soak the chana dal (split chickpeas) and whole red chilli for 8 hours.
2. After that take soaked chana dal, whole red chili, green chilli, ginger and 1 tbsp water in a grinder and grind it.
3. Now take in a bowl and add thinly sliced onion, cumin seeds, carom seeds, asafoetida(hing), salt, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, rice flour and chopped coriander leaves.
4. Mix well and make smooth batter.
5. Now heat oil in a deep fry pan on medium flame.
6. When oil is hot take a spoonful of the mixture and drop into the hot oil.
7. When they cooked well and golden brown from both sides then remove them and keep on kitchen paper.
8. Now serve hot Chana Dal Pakoda with sauce or curd.
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: