Rice kheer is popular and sweet dessert in india which is very simple and easy to cook. For this recipe I used fat milk,sugar, flavored with dry fruits and saffron. It is one of the most preferred option for special occasions. Learn how to cook Rice Kheer with this simple recipe.
Prepare time : 5 minutes
Cook time : 40 minutes
serve :2 People
5 cups fat milk.
10-12 sliced almonds.
1/4 cup long rice .
½ tsp cardamom powder.
8-10 strands of saffron(kesar).
1 tbsp chopped pista.
10-15 sliced cashew nuts.
4 tbsp sugar or your taste.
1 tsp butter(ghee).
1. Wash and soak rice for 15-20 minutes.
2. Now take saffron and 1 tsp hot water in a small bowl,keep aside.
3. Take butter and rice in a deep frying pan and bake on a medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
4. Now add fat milk and cardamom powder,stir continuously on medium flame tilll the rice become soft .
5. Add sliced almonds, pista, saffron-water,raisin and sliced cashew nuts stir for 3-4 minutes.
6. At the end add sugar and stir for 2 minutes.
7. Now serve Rice Kheer .