Peanut curry recipe is a simple & yummy gravy recipe. This is not only yummy but also a healthy side dish.
This Peanut curry is made by raw peanuts, tomatoes, onion, ginger-garlic, cashew-cardamom paste and some Indian spices.
Cahew and tomato gives a rich and tangy flavor. It goes well with chapati, rice or paratha.
My Daawat is sharing a easy Peanut Curry Recipe with you.
1 cup peanuts(moongfali dana).
2 medium size tomatoes.
1 small finely chopped onion.
2 medium size green chillies.
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
8-10 cashew nuts(kaju).
½ tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
A pinch of asafoetida(hing).
1 tsp garam masala powder.
¼ tsp turmeric powder.
½ tsp red chilli powder.
1 tbsp oil.
Required salt to your taste.
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
How to cook Peanut Curry Recipe
1. Firstly soak the peanuts for 7-8 hours or overnight.
2. Now take soaked peanuts and ¼ tsp salt in a pressure cooker. Cook them for 4-5 whitsle or till soft.
3. Now take cashew, cloves and cardamom in a grinder jar and make coarsely powder. Keep aside.
4. Now heat oil in a heavy based pan on medium flame. Add cumin seeds after heated.
5. When crackled then add finely chopped onion and sauté for a minute.
6. Now add green chilli paste and ginger-garlic paste. Saute for few seconds.
7. Now add tomato puree and cook for 3-4 minutes or till oil starts to leave on sides.
8. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and coriander powder. Cook for few seconds.
9. Now add cashew-cardamon-cloves paste(make a paste by adding 2 tsp milk).
10. Now add boiled peanuts, ¼ cup of water, salt and garam masala powder. Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
11. Now garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot and tasty Peanut Curry with chapati or rice.