Dahi vada recipe is most popular north Indian snacks recipe. Dahi vada is also called as dahi bhalla.
It is made by using urad dal, ginger, green chilli, curd and some spices. Sprinkle with green chutney, tamrind chutney, roasted cumin powder and red chilli powder.
For making soft vadas beat(shuffle) the batter till it fullfy.
Here My Daawat is sharing an easy Dahi Vada Recipe with step by step photos which help to make it more easy.
1 cup Split black gram (Urad dal).
1 inch chopped ginger(adrak).
1 chopped green chilli.
½ tsp eno powder.
½ tsp cumin seeds.
2 tsp roasted cumin powder for sprinkle.
2 tsp red chilli powder.
2 cups beaten curd(dahi/yogurt).
½ cup green chutney for garnish.
½ cup tamrind sweet chutney for garnish.
Required salt to your taste.
1. Firstly soak the urad dal for 7-8 hours.
2. Now rinse the soaked urad dal for 2-3 time and drain the extra water.
3. Now add soaked urad dal, chopped ginger, chopped green chilli, cumin seeds and ½ tsp salt in a grinder.
4. Now grind it along with 2 tsp water.
5. Now add eno powder and beat(shuffle) the batter to make it fluffy texture.
6. Now heat oil in a heavy based pan on medium flame.
7. After heated take lemon sized balls of batter and drop it into oil and fry till golden brown.
8. Now add the vadas into water, Remove it after 15 minutes.
9. Now squeeze vadas using 2 spoons or your palm to remove extra water.
10. Now arrange the squeezed vada in a serving bowl.
11. Now pour the curd over vadas and add green chutney, sweet tamarind chutney.
12. Sprinkle red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder and serve yummy Dahi Vada .