Onion-Peanut Poha is a popular North Indian breakfast recipe. It is a light and simple breakfast which is easy and quick to make. Penuts added to make it more yummy. Start your day with healthy and tasty Onion-Peanut Poha recipe with Tea.
1 cup poha(beaten rice).
1/6 cup peanuts.
½ tsp mustard seeds.
½ tsp cumin seeds.
2 chopped green chilli.
1 sliced onion.
¼ tsp turmeric powder.
½ tsp fennel.
A pinch of asafetida.
1 tsp Lemon juce.
¼ tsp sugar.
3 tsp oil.
How to cook Onion-Peanut Poha
1. Wash Poha around 3-4 times and drain water,keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
2. When it fluffed up then add sugar,half of turmeric powder and salt,mix well.
3. Now heat oil in a pan and fry the peanuts till they golden brown and crunch.
4. Now keep in a plate.
5. After that add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,fennel and asafoetida in hot oil.
6. When it crackle then add sliced onion,green chilli ,salt to your taste and remaining turmeric powder, sauté for 2 minutes.
7. After that add peanuts and poha and stir for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
8. Now add lemon juce , mix well and serve Onion-Peanut Poha with tea.