South Indian Upma Recipe is a traditional breakfast recipe. It is made by roasted rava, cashew, urad dal, chana dal, curry leaves, green chilli, onion and some spices.
This Upma is full of nutritious and not only yummy but also a very healthy breakfast. It does not take much time to prepare.
Today My Daawat is sharing an easy South Indian Upma Recipe with step wise pictures which helps to make more easy.
1/2 cup roasted semolina(sooji/rava).
1 medium chopped onion.
1 chopped green chilli.
1 tsp chana dal(bengal gram).
1 tsp urad dal( black gram).
1 ½ cups water.
½ tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
1 tsp mustard seeds(rai).
10-12 of curry leaves(kadi patta).
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
1 tbsp oil or ghee.
Required salt to your taste.
1. Firstly heat oil in a heavy based pan on medium flame.
2. Now add mustard seeds. After crackled add cumin seeds, chana dal and urad dal.
3. After crackled add chopped onion. Saute for a minute or till it brown.
4. Now add chopped green chilli, cashew and curry leaves. saute for a minute.
5. Now add water. Heat the water on high flame.
6. When water starts boil then add the roasted rava .
7. Stir continuously for for 4-5 minutes.
8. When it cooked and rava swelled then off the flame. Cover it and Keep aside for 2 minutes.
9. Now add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
10. Now serve South Indian Upma with coconut chutney.
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: