Sooji Halwa is one of the most common and popular sweet dish in India which is prepared during festivals or special occasion. This dessert does not take more time. Whenever you instantly feel like you want to eat sooji halwa then you can make , it becomes very soon, It is easy and quick to make at home. For this sooji halwa recipe i used semolina(rawa/sooji),sugar,cardamom,almonds and cashew.it usually eats with puri in breakfast. Most of people think it is very sweet so they can eat with papad.
1 cup fine semolina (sooji/rava).
1 cup sugar.
½ cup ghee.
½ tsp cardamom powder(ilaichi).
15-20 chopped almonds(badam).
15-20 chopped cashew nuts(kaju).
1 tbsp raisins(kishmish).
2 cups hot water.
1. Heat ghee in a heavy based pan on low flame.
2. Add chopped cashew nuts, chopped almonds and roast until golden brown, keep aside.
3. After that add semolina(sooji) in the same pan and continuously stir fry on low-medium flame (around 6-8 minutes).
4. When it become light brown then add the cardamom powder, raisins(kishmish), hot water and stir on low flame.
5. Now add chopped cashew nuts, almonds, raisins stir well till sooji will swelled.
6. Now add sugar and stir well on medium flame till start to leave ghee on sides.
7. Now garnish with almonds and cashew nuts and serve hot delicious Sooji Halwa.
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: