Originally Upma is made by sooji or rawa or semolina but today I am using vermicelli for making upma. Vermicelli is also known as Sewaiya, Sevia, Semiya.
Vermicelli Upma Recipe is a hot and yummy south Indian breakfast recipe. It goes well with cup of tea or plain pickle.
This is a simple vermicelli upma recipe cooked with green peas and carrot.
Here are other recipe of vermicelli seviyan kheer recipe
Today My Daawat is sharing an easy Vermicelli Upma Recipe with you.
150 gms roasted vermicelli(semiya).
¼ cup green peas(matar).
1/6 cup chopped carrot(gajar).
1 small chopped onion.
1 chopped green chilli.
1 tsp mustard seed(rai).
1 tsp cumin seeds.
1 cup of water.
1 tbsp oil.
Required salt to your tastre.
1. Firstly boil 1 cup of water in a container or pan on medium flame.
2. When starts to boil then add roasted vermicelli or semiya and 1/4 tsp salt. Cook for 5-6minutes on medium to high flame.
3. When cooked well then off the flame and keep aside.( extract the excess water).
4. Now heat oil in a pan on medium flame.
5. When heated then add mustard seed and cumin seeds.
6. After crackled add chopped onion and chopped green chilli. Saute for a minute.
7. Now add green peas, chopped carrot and required salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
8. When green peas and carrot cooked then add boiled vermicelli or semiya.
9. Mix well and cook for a minute.
10. Now serve the hot and yummy Vermicelli Upma with cup of tea or plain pickle.