Masala Green Peas recipe is delicious and simple recipe. Green peas are good source of folic acid and vitamins which is good for our health.
Masala green peas is made by using green peas, onion-tomato, ginger-garlic, poppy-seeds, sesame-seeds, curd-cashew paste and some Indian spices. Tomato and curd gives a tangy taste and cashew gives a rich flavor. It easily goes well with chapati, poori, paratha and plain jeera rice.
Try this delicious side dish at home , Today My Daawat is sharing an easy Masala Green Peas Recipe with step by step pictures which helps to make it more easy.
1 cup fresh green peas(matar).
1 large size of sliced onion.
1 small finely chopped onion.
2 large size of sliced tomato.
½ inch peeled ginger(adrak).
1 tsp garlic paste.
1 tsp poppy seeds(khaskhas).
1 tsp sesame seeds(til).
1 chopped green chili.
2 tsp curd(yogurt or dahi).
7-8 cashew nuts(kaju).
¼ tsp asafoetida(hing).
½ tsp red chilli powder.
¼ tsp turmeric powder(haldi).
½ tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
1 tsp garam masala powder.
1.5 tbsp oil.
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
Required salt to your taste.
1. Firstly cook the green peas in a open container or pressure cooker with ¼ tsp salt. Keep aside.
2. Now heat ½ tbsp oil in a pan on medium flame. After heated add poppy seeds, clove and sesame seeds. Allow to crackle.
3. Now add sliced onion, sliced tomato and chopped ginger. Saute for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
4. After cooled take gravy mixer in a grinder. and make smooth paste.
5. Now take 2 tsp curd and cashew nuts in a grinder and make smooth paste.
6. Now heat 1 tbsp oil in a heavy based pan on medium flame.
7. Now add cumin seeds, after crackled add finely chopped onion, and finely chopped green chilli. Saute for a minute.
8. Now add garlic paste and asafoetida. Sauté for 30-40 seconds.
9. Now add onion-tomato grinded mixer and sauté it for 4-5 minutes or until oil starts to leave on sides.
10. Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
11. Now add cooked green peas, ½ cup of water, curd-cashew paste and required salt. Mix well and cCook for 3-4 minutes.
12. Now add garam masala powder mix well and off the flame.
13. Now garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve the yummy Masala Green Peas with chapati or paratha or plain jeera rice.
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: