Carrot Upma is a popular south indian breakfast dish which is made with rava(semolina/sooji). As we all know that carrot is full of nutritious and sweet vegetable.
Carrot upma recipe is very easy and quick breakfast recipe. Today
I made it with sooji, carrot, onion green chilli and some spices. It is not only yummy but also a healthy breakfast for our daily diet.It easily go with lime pickle or peanut chutney.
Here My Daawat is sharing an easy carrot upma recipe with you.
1 cup sooji( rava/semolina).
1 small finely chopped onion.
1/2 cup chopped or grated carrot.
2 finely chopped green chillies.
A few curry leaves(Optional).
1/4 tsp Black mustard seeds.
¼ tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
3 tsp oil.
Required salt to taste.
2 cups hot water.
How to cook Carrot Upma Recipe
1. Firstly take rava in a pan and roast it on medium-low flame for 4-5 minutes.
2. When roasted then keep aside.
3. Now heat oil in the same pan on medium flame.
4. Now add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
5. When it crackled then add chopped onion, chopped green chilli and curry leaves. Sauté for a minute.
6. Now add chopped carrot and cook for few minutes.
7. When it cooked then add the semolina or sooji. Saute for 2 minutes.
8. Now add 2 cups of hot water and required salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
9. Now Serve hot Carrot Upma with pickle or coconut chutney or peanut curd chutney.