Chole chana recipe is very simple and quick curry recipe. Chole chana or Chickpeas or kabuli chana or white chana is all time available in my kitchen. It is my most favourite dish specially made by mother. Chole chana is one of the traditional and most popular north Indian Punjabi cuisine dish that serves along with Bhature or Puris.
The Chole chana most often makes a complete meal, along with a Bhatura or puri or rice. and some salad.
Here My Daawat is sharing an easy chola chana recipe with you.
1 cup chole chana (chickpeas /garbanzo beans/white chickpeas/kabuli chana).
1 medium size finely chopped onion.
2 medium sized tomato puree.
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
1/3 tsp turmeric powder(haldi).
½ tsp khas khas(poppy seeds).
1 tsp peanut powder(moongfali dana powder).
½ tsp red chili powder(lal mirch powder).
1 tsp chole masala powder.
2 tsp curd.
3 finely chopped green chilies.
A pinch of asafoetida(hing).
1 bay leaf(tej patta).
1 tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
1/2 tsp coriander powder(dhania powder).
1/2 tsp fennel powder(sauf).
coriander leaves for garnish.
2 tbsp oil.
Required salt to your taste.
How to cook Chole Chana Recipe
1. Firstly wash and soak the chole chana(chickpeas) in water for 7-8 hours or overnight.
2. Now wash the soaked chickpeas around 2-3 times with water.
3. Now take soaked chole chana in a pressure cooker, ½ tsp salt and 3-3.5 cups of water.
4. Now pressure cook the chole chana for 10-15 whistles on medium flame.
5. Now heat oil in a pan on medium flame.
6. Now add bay leaf,poppy seeds and cumin seeds.
7. When it crackled then add finely chopped onion and sauté for a minute.
8. Now add finely chopped green chilli, ginger-garlic paste and asafoetida. Sauté for few seconds.
9. Now add tomato puree and sauté it till oil starts to leave the sides.
10. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, fennel powder powder,peanut powder and salt(if required) .
11. And sauté for few seconds
12. Now add boiled chole chachana and 1 cup of water.
13. Now add curd, stir well and cook for 5-8 minutes on medium flame.
14. Gravy should be medium thicken.
15. Now add chole masala and cook for 2 minutes and off the flame.
16. Now garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot and delicious Chole Chana with bhature, puri or rice.