As we all know that pumpkin are full of nutrients, It is an excellent source of vitamin and low in calories.
This masala pumpkin curry is very tasty which is made by using pumpkin, black eyed beans(chawla), tomato, peanut powder and some indian spices.
If you like sweet flavoured vegetables, then you will definitely love this masala pumpkin curry. This goes well with chapati and rice.
Here is the recipe of Masala Pumpkin Curry with step by step pictures which helps to make it more easy.
200 gm pumpkin(kaddu).
¼ cup black eyed beans.
1 finely chopped onion.
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
1 finely chopped tomatoes.
2 finely chopped green chilli
2 tbsp oil.
1 tsp mustard seeds(rai).
1 tsp poppy seeds(khas khas dana).
A pinch of asafoetida(hing)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
½ tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
1 tsp coriander powder.
2 tsp peanut powder.
1 tsp garam masala powder.
1/2 tsp red chili powder.
How to cook Masala Pumpkin Curry
1. Firstly soak the black eyed beans or chawla dana for 6-7 hours.
2. Now take into pressure cooker and cook up to 3 whistle.
Now peel and chop the pumpkin into cubes.
3. Now place the chopped pumpkin into a container or pan with ½ cup of water, bring to boil and cook over low- medium flame for 10-15 minutes.
4. When cooked then drain the extra water and blend it and make smooth paste.
5. Now heat oil in a heavy based pan on medium flame, add mustard seeds, poppy seeds and cumin seeds.
6. When crackled then add finely chopped onion, chopped green chilli and sauté for 2 minutes, add ginger-garlic paste sauté for few seconds.
7. Now add finely chopped tomatoes or tomato puree.
8. When cooked or oil start to leave on sides then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, asafoetida and peanut powder.
9. Now add boiled black eyed beans and ¼ cup of water.
10. Now add pumpkin puree and salt, cook for 10-12 minutes medium flame.
11. Now add garam masala powder and cook for a minute. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Masala Pumpkin Curry with chapati and rice.