As we all know that dal is main food in our life .It is low in fat, high in protein and easily digestible food. Suitable for children, elders and sick people. The soup of green gram dal is one of the best foods to take recovering from an illness . Let’s just check out Split green gram Recipe or moong dal recipe.
1 cup split green gram (chilka moong dal/mugachi dal).
1 chopped green chilli.
1 medium sized chopped tomato.
1 medium sized finely chopped onion.
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
½ tsp cumin seeds.
4-5 black pepper powder.
¼ tsp red chilli powder.
1 tsp oil.
A pinch of asafoetida(hing).
½ tsp coriander powder(dhaniya).
½ tsp turmeric powder(haldi).
5/2 cups of water.
1 tbsp butter(ghee).
How to cook Split Green Gram Recipe
1. Wash the dal around 3-4 times and take in to a pressure cooker with turmeric powder,oil,salt and water.
2. Close the lid and wait for 3 whistle on medium flame.
3. Now heat butter in a frying pan on medium flame.
4. When heated then add cumin seeds and asafetida, allow to crackle.
5. Now add chopped green chilli ,chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
6. When onion become light golden then add red chilli powder,coriander powder,black pepper and 2 tsp water and cook for a minute.
7. Now add chopped tomato and cook for 2-3 minutes till oil separated.
8. Now add cooked moong dal ,water (if required) and cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame.
9. Now garnish with coriander leaves and serve the delicious Split Green Gram or Moong Dal with rice or roti.