Methi dal recipe is simple and quick recipe and similar to palak dal. Fenugreek is low in fat, high in protein and easily digestible food but most of people doesn’t like fenugreek because the taste of the fenugreek is little bit bitter. Here is the best way to eat fenugreek in your healthy diet.
I have prepared it with fenugreek leaves, pigeon pea(toor dal), ginger-garlic paste, onion and some spices. Methi Dal is one of my favorite dal and it goes with rice or roti.
You can also use moong dal instead of toor dal.
Here My Daawat is sharing an easy methi dal recipe with you.
1 cup pigeon pea(Toor dal/Arhar).
2 cups chopped methi(fenugreek leaves).
2 chopped green chili.
1 medium size of finely chopped onion.
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
1 tsp cumin seeds.
½ tsp red chili powder.
1 tsp oil.
A pinch of asafoetida(hing).
½ tsp fennel powder(sauf).
½ tsp coriander powder(dhaniya).
½ tsp turmeric powder.
5/2 cups of water for pressure cooking the dal.
2 tbsp ghee.
How to cook Methi Dal Recipe
1. Wash the dal and take in to a pressure cooker with turmeric powder,1 tsp oil, salt and water.
2. Now heat on medium flame up to 2-3 whistle.
3. Now heat ghee in a pan heat on medium flame.
4. Now add the cumin seeds.
5. When it crackled then add the chopped green chilli, finely chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
6. When onion become light golden then add red chilli powder, coriander powder, fennel powder and 2 tsp water.
7. When oil is separate then add chopped methi(fenugreek leave) and saute for 5-6 minutes till methi becomes soft .
8. Now add cooked toor dal and water if required then cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame.
9. Now serve the delicious Methi Dal Recipe with chapati, rice .