There are many varieties to prepare Palak Dal Recipe or Spinach Dal Recipe. I have prepared it with garlic and onion.It is a amazing combo of Palak And dal.This is one of my favorite dal and it had with rice or roti. Today we will learn how to cook Palak Dal Recipe or Spinach Dal Recipe.
1 cup pigeon pea(Toor dal/Arhar).
2 cups chopped spinach(palak)
2 chopped green chili.
1 medium size of finely chopped onion.
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
1 tsp cumin seeds.
½ tsp red chili powder.
1 tsp oil.
A pinch of asafetida(hing).
½ tsp fennel powder(sauf).
½ tsp coriander powder(dhaniya).
½ tsp turmeric powder.
5/2 cups of water for pressure cooking the dals
2 or 3 tbsp ghee.
How to cook Palak Dal Recipe
1. Wash the dal and take in to a pressure cooker with turmeric powder,oil,salt and water.
2. And heat on medium flame take 2 whistle.
3. In a pan heat ghee fry the cumin seeds and asafoetida .
4. When it crackle then add the chopped green chilli,chopped onion,ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
5. When onion become light golden then add red chilli powder,coriander powder,fennel powder and 2 tsp water.
6. When oil is separate then add chopped spinach and saute for 7-8 minute till the spinach becomes soft .
7. Now add cooked toor dal and water if required then cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame.
8. Now garnish with coriander leaves and serve the delicious Palak Dal Recipe with rice or roti.