Methi Thepla is one of the special dish of Gujrati flatbread made from fenugreek leaves, wheat flour,besan,corn flour,sorghum flour,millet flour along with some spices. This is healthy breakfast recipe. Methi Thepla are light as well as healthy.
3 cups of Wheat Flour(gehu ka aata).
1/2 cup of gram flour(Besan).
½ cup of millet flour(bajra ).
¼ cup of corn flour.
¼ cup of sorghum flour(jowar ).
1 tsp cumin seeds.
½ cup curd.
Required salt as your taste.
1 tsp carom(ajwain) seed.
½ tsp coriander powder.
1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
2 tsp chilli powder.
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
1 tsp green chilli paste.
2 cup of fresh green chopped fenugreek leaves(Methi).
1 tbsp chopped coriander Leaves.
1/2 cup oil.
Required ghee for shallo fry.
How to cook Methi Thepla
1. Wash fenugreek leaves and coriander leaves and cut them into small size.
2. Take all flour in a large bowl and add salt as required, turmeric powder, ajwain,chilli powder, crushed cumin seeds,1/2 cup oil,coriander powder and mix well.
3. After that add chopped methi ,coriander leaves ,garlic-ginger paste,curd and chopped green chilli,mix well.
4. With the help of water make a smooth dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
5. Make small size of balls from dough and make thepla.
6. After that heat frying pan on a medium flame and shallow fry each thepla from both side with ghee or oil till it become brown and crisp.
7. Serve hot delicious Methi Thepla with curd or sauce.