Matar Pulao recipe is simple and quick recipe. I learned this recipe to my mother which is different from normal matar pulao and it easily go with raita or any gravy or dry side dish. It is stir fried with onion, green chilli, clove, bay leaf, cardamom and then steamed. My Daawat is sharing an easy matar pulao recipe with you.
Here is Matar Pulao Recipe
1 cup basmati rice.
1/2 cup green peas(matar).
1/4 cup chopped onion.
2 tbsp ghee.
1 tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
2 green cardamom(elaichi).
1 small chopped green chili(optional).
1 bay leaf(tej patta).
How to cook Matar Pulao Recipe
1. Firstly wash the rice 3-4 times.
2. Now soak the rice for 20-25 minutes.
3. Drain and keep aside.
4. Now heat ghee in a pressure cooker on medium flame.
5. Now add the cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves and green cardamom.
6. When it cracled then add chopped onion and green chili. Saute till it light brown .
7. Now add the matar and saute for a minute on medium flame.
8. Now add the drained rice and saute for a minute.
9. Now add 2 cups of water and salt. Stir well.
10. Now cover and pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium to high flame.
11. Now serve yummy Matar Pulao with raita or any gravy.