Baingan Pulav is popular variety of rice which is made by baingan,onions along with simple spices.This recipe comes from south Indian dessert.Baingan Pulav is a very quick and easy recipe. Baingan Pulav goes with kadhi or raita.
Prepare time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 20 minutes
serves :2 people
1 cup basmati rice.
250 gms chopped baingan.
3-4 cloves .
½ tsp lemon juce.
2 tsp butter(ghee).
3 chopped green chilli.
2 medium size of chopped onions.
½ tsp mustard seeds.
½ tsp cumin seeds.
½ tsp fennel seeds.
½ tsp turmeric powder.
2 tsp garam masala powder.
2 tbsp oil.
How to cook Baingan Pulav
1. Wash and soak rice for 15-20 minutes and drain it.
2. Now take it in pressure cooker by adding 1 cup of water, 1 tsp butter and lemon juce,cook on low flame for 2-3 whistles.
3. Now heat oil in a pan and,add mustard seeds,cumin seeds ,fennel seeds and cloves.
4. When it crackle then add chopped onions,green chilli and saute till golden brown.
5. After that add chopped brinjal,salt and sauté on medium flame till it cook.
6. Now add garam masala power and turmeric.
7. Now add cooked rice, mix well and stir for 2-3 minutes.
8. Now serve hot