Bitter gourd chips recipe is very easy and quickly make at home. Lot’s of people don’t like bitter gourd but they will definitely like this bitter gourd chips. Corn flour and rice flour makes it more crispy and tamarind paste makes it tangy. This spicy bitter gourd chips is very mild bitterness and it is a perfect teatime snack. This is also a side dish with dal and sambhar. I am sure you will enjoy this crispy and flavourful bitter gourd chips with cup of tea.
2 large size of bitter gourd (karela/Pavakkai) .
1/8 cup corn flour (makke ka aata).
1/8 cup rice flour (chawal ka aata).
1/2 tbsp gram flour (chickpea flour/besan).
1/2 tsp coriander powder (dhaniya powder).
1/2 tsp cumin powder (jeera powder).
½ tsp fennel powder(saunf).
1/2 tsp chilli powder.
1 tsp tamarind paste.
¼ tsp black powder(kali mirch).
Required salt .
Required oil for deep fry.
How to cook Bitter Gourd Chips Recipe
1. firstly wash the bitter gourd(karela) and dry it with kitchen towel.
2. Now slice the bitter gourd using the chips maker or knife.
3. Now spray few salt on the bitter gourd chips and keep aside for 20-25 minutes.
4. After that squeeze the water from the bitter gourd chips.
4. Now take chips in a large bowl and add half of the corn flour, rice flour, gram flour, tamarind(imli) paste and all other spice powders , with few water, mix well.
5. Now heat oil in the frying pan on medium to high flame.
6. When you fry the chips then add remaining corn flour in the mixture and mix well.
10.And fry the bitter gourd chips till it become crispy and golden.
11.Drain it on kitchen towel.
12.Now serve the hot and tasty Bitter Gourd Chips with tea.