Moong dal halwa recipe is yummy recipe that is especially make on during the winter season. It protect the body from winter cold and keep it warm. I used yellow split moong dal, milk and some dry fruits for preparing moong Dal halwa.
Today My Daawat is sharing easy Moong dal halwa recipe with you.
1 cup of yellow moong dal.
10-20 saffron strands(kesar).
1/2 cup butter(ghee).
1 cup fat milk.
3/2 cups sugar.
10-12 cashew nuts(kaju).
8-10 almonds(badam) slice.
1/2 tsp cardamom powder(ilaychi).
1. For saffron water take 2 tbsp hot water in a bowl and add saffron, keep aside.
2. Wash and soak moong dal for 7-8 hours.
3. Now drain and wash 3-4 times.
4. After that take in a grinder and grind it without water and make smooth paste.
5. Now heat the ghee in a deep pan and fry the almonds and cashew till it light brown.
6. Now add the moong dal paste and saute on low flame for 40-45 minutes, stir continuously.
7. Now add milk and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes till it dry and stir continuously.
8. Now add sugar, mix well and cook on medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
9. Add the saffron-water, fried&sliced cashew nuts, fried almonds slice, kishmish, mix well and cook on medium flame for a minute.
10. Now garnish with almonds slice, and serve hot and delicious Yellow Moong Dal Halwa.