Matar Paratha Recipe is one of the most popular breakfast recipe, Specially in the winter season. This paratha is not only a delicious but also a healthy breakfast.
This matar paratha is made by using fresh green peas, roasted gram flour, green chilli-ginger paste, onion and some spices. It goes well with tomato sauce pickle or curd or green chutney.
Here are other Paratha Recipes onion paratha, lachha paratha, aloo paratha, lauki paratha.
Today My Daawat is sharing an easy Matar Paratha Recipe with step by step pictures that help to make it more easy.
2 cups wheat flour.
3 cups green peas( matar).
3 tsp roasted gram flour(besan).
1 tsp coriander powder.
½ tsp cumin seeds.
1 tsp fennel powder(sauf).
1/2 tsp garam masala powder.
¼ tsp turmeric powder.
1 tsp chilli powder.
1 tsp ginger paste.
1 finely chopped onion.
2 medium green chilli paste.
A pinch of asafoetida (hing).
Required salt to your taste.
1 tbsp oil.
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves.
ghee for shallow fry the paratha.
1. Firstly wash the green peas and take them in a grinder. Grind it coarse paste without water.
2. Now heat 1 tbsp oil in a heavy based pan on medium flame. Add cumin seeds.
3. After crackled add finely chopped onion and sauté for a minute.
4. Now add green chilli paste, asafoetida(hing) and ginger paste. Saute for a minute.
5. Now add grinded green peas(matar) and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium flame.
6. In between take wheat flour(aata), 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil in a large bowl, mix well and knead smooth dough with required water.
7. Cover it and keep aside for 20 minutes.
8. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, fennel powder, coriander powder and required salt in cooked peas masala. Mix well.
9. Now add roasted gram flour(besan) and garam masala powder. Cook for a minute.
10. Now add chopped coriander leaves and off the flame. Keep aside.
11. After that divide dough into 7-8 equal portions and make small balls.
12. Now take 1 dough ball and roll it into 3-4 inch diameter circle and fill the green peas masala stuff . Seal it properly.
13. After that again roll stuffed ball into 7-8 inch circular size.
14. Now heat tawa on medium flame and put matar paratha on it.
15. And apply ghee both the sides and cook them till golden brown from both the sides.
16. Now serve the hot and delicious Matar Paratha with sauce or curd.
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: