As we all know that bananas are a good source of potassium and mineral which maintain blood pressure. Koftas are all time popular and favourate among the gravies. I already posted lauki kofta curry recipe and aloo Kofta curry recipe. Today I am posting my new kofta recipe with banana kofta curry recipe.
For making gravy I used ginger-garlic, tomato, onion, cashew powder and some spices. Cashew gives a rich flavor. It serve along with plain paratha or roti or matar pulao.
Here My Daawat is sharing an easy banana kofta curry recipe with you.
1 kachha kela( raw banana).
2 medium tomatoes puree.
1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste.
2 medium finely chopped onion.
2 tsp besan(gram flour).
2 finely chopped green chilies.
1/2 tsp coriander powder.
1/2 tsp fennel powder(sauf) .
2 tsp cashew powder.
8-10 broken cashew nuts(kaju).
1 minced cardamom(ilaychi).
1 tbsp cream.
1 minced cloves(laung).
1 tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
½ tsp of turmeric powder.
¼ tsp red chilli powder.
A pinch of asafoetida(hing).
1 bay leaf(tej patta).
1/2 tsp garam masala powder.
Required salt to your taste.
Required oil for deep fry.
2-3 cups of water.
How to cook Banana Kofta Curry Recipe
1. Firstly take banana and 1 cup water in a pressure cooker.
2. Now pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles on medium flame.
3. Now wash the boiled banana with running water.
4. Now peel and dry it with kitchen towel.
5. Now mash the boiled banana with hand masher.
6. Now add 1 finely chopped onion,1 finely chopped green chilli, 8-10 broken cashew nuts, mix well.
7. Now add 2 tsp besan,1/4 tsp garam masala powder,1/2 tsp cumin seeds and 1/4 tsp salt.
8. Mix well and make 7-8 round dumplings, keep aside.
9. Now heat oil in a heavy based pan and deep fry the dumplings on medium to low flame.
10. When they done or golden brown then off the flame and place on the kitchen paper to drain excess oil.
11. Now heat 2 tbsp oil in the same pan on medium flame.
12. When heated then add bay leaf and ½ tsp cumin seeds.
13. Once they splutter, add the 1 finely chopped onion, asafoetida and sauté for a minute.
14. Now add finely chopped green chilli, ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
15. Now add the tomato puree and saute well, until the mixture starts to leave oil by the side.
16. Now add turmeric powder, fennel powder, red chilli powder, required salt and coriander powder, stir well and cook for few seconds.
17. Now add the cashew powder, minced clove, and minced cardamom, saute for a minute.
18. Now add 1 cup of water and cook for about 5-10 minutes on low flame.
19. Now add 1/4 tsp garam masala powder and cream, stir for a minute.
20. Now pour the hot gravy on the fried dumplings, just before serving
21. Now Serve hot and delicious Banana Kofta Curry with plain paratha or roti or Matar pulao.