Bottle gourd is also called as doodhi or ghiya. It helps to deal with heat and also prevents exhaustion in summer. My daawat is sharing an easy Lauki kofta curry recipe which are simple to cook yet tasty and delicious . Most of the people don’t like lauki’s curry but i am sure they will definitely like this curry. For Making gravy i used tomato, onion, ginger-garlic and some spices. I also added curd and cashew to make it creamy and more yummy.
2 cup grated bottle gourd( lauki/ghiya).
4 tbsp gram flour(besan).
2 green chilli(hari mirch).
2 medium size of tomatoes.
1 medium size of onion.
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste(adrak-lahsun).
1 tbsp cashew nuts(kaju).
1 tbsp curd(dahi/yogurt).
1/4 tsp red chilli powder.
½ tsp cumin powder(jeera powder).
1 tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
1 bay leaf(tej patta).
1 inch cinnamom stick.
1/2 tsp turmeric powder(haldi).
1 tsp coriander powder(dhania powder).
1 cup water .
How to cook Lauki Kofta Curry Recipe
1. Firstly dry roast the gram flour on low to medium flame and stir continuously.
2. Squeeze the grated bottle gourd and collect the water in a bowl, keep aside.
3.Take grated bottle gourd in a bowl and add roasted gram flour,1/8 tsp red chilli powder,1 finely chopped green chilli, cumin powder and salt to your taste, mix well and make dough.
4.Grease your hand with oil and make round shape balls(kofta) with small portion of dough.
5. Heat oil in a deep pan and deep or shaollow fry the kofta in oil on medium flame .And cook till golden brown from all the side.
6. Take tomato, onion, ginger-garlic, 1 green chilli and cashew nuts in a grinder and grind it.
7. Now take 1.5 tbsp oil in a pan and heat them on medium flame.
8. When heated then add cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick and bay leaf, allow to crackle.
9. Now add grinder mixture and cook till it start to leave oil.
10. After that add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and required salt, cook for a minute.
11. Now add the bottle gourd water, curd and 1 cup of normal water to the paste,stir and cook for 8-10 minutes on low flame.
12. Now Add the fried kofta and off the flame and keep aside for 2-3 minutes.
13. Now garnish with coriander leaves and serve delicious and yummy Lauki kofta Curry with chapati, paratha or rice.