As we all know that fenugreek leaves( methi) are very good for our health as they are rich in iron, vitamin, calcium, potassium and also a good source of dietary fiber.
Dry Aloo Methi recipe is simple and quick recipe and It is the best combinations to make a dry curry as a side dish. It is easily goes with chapati, rice and paratha.
This side dish is prepared with fresh green fenugreek leaves,potatoes, onion, ginger-garlic and some spices. This is healthier dish which is good for your everyday meal.
Here are other recipes of methi recipes.
Today My Daawat is sharing an easy Dry Aloo Methi Recipe with step by step pictures which help you to make it more easy.
2 medium size of potatoes (aloo/batata).
1 cup fresh fenugreek leaves(methi).
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
1 small size of finely chopped onion.
1 finely chopped green chilli.
1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
¼ tsp tsp red chili powder.
¼ tsp black pepper powder(kali mirch).
½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera).
½ tsp coriander powder.
1 tbsp oil.
A pinch of asafoetida(hing).
Required salt to your taste.
How to cook Dry Aloo Methi Recipe
1. Firstly wash the potato and and boil it in a pressure cooker.
2. Now wash the fenugreek leaves around 2-3 times.
3.And roughly chop the fenugreek leaves.
3. Now heat oil in a pan on medium flame.
4. Now add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
5. After crackled add finey chopped onion and sauté till transparent.
6. Now add ginger-garlic paste and finely chopped green chilli. Saute for few seconds.
7. Now add roughly chopped fenugreek leaves and cook for 4-5 minutes.
8. When it done or cooked then add turmeric powder, asafoetida, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
9. Now peel and cut the boiled potato and add in fenugreek mixer. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
10. Now serve the hot Dry Aloo Methi with chapati and paratha.
I used boiled potato in this recipe, If you don’t want to use boiled potato then simply fry the sliced potato in oil.