Aloo kofta curry recipe is one of the most popular kofta recipe. It is easy to make and the taste of this curry is yummy. For making aloo kofta I used mashed potatoes, green chilli and corn flour and for gravy I used tomato, onion, almonds, cashew and ginger-garlic paste. Almonds-cashew makes it more yummy.
If you are looking for more kofta recipes then click here lauki kofta curry recipe.
Here is the aloo kofta curry recipe.
2 large boiled potatoes(aloo/batata).
2 tbsp corn flour(make ka aata).
1/2 tsp black pepper powder(kali mirch).
1 large onion.
2 large tomatoes.
2 green chilli.
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
1 bay leaf( tej patta).
½ tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
A pinch of asafoetida(hing).
¼ tsp turmeric powder(haldi).
½ tsp fennel powder(sauf powder).
1 tsp coriander powder(dhania powder).
¼ tsp red chilli powder.
½ tsp garam masala powder.
½ tsp kasuri methi(dry fenugreek leaves/sukhi methi patti).
2 tbsp cream.
½ tsp sugar.
10-15 cashew nuts(kaju).
How to cook Aloo Kofta Curry Recipe
1. Firstly mash the boiled potatoes and add corn flour, salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper powder and 1 finely chopped green chilli, mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion into a round and lightly flatten kofta.
3. Now heat oil in tawa on medium flame.
4. Now place the aloo kofta on tawa and shallow fry it.
5. When one side become light golden then turn aloo kofta and fry other side.
6. When it completely cooked from both the side then place it on paper and keep aside.
7. Now take tomato, onion, 1 green chilli, almonds and cashew in grinder and grind it.
8. Now heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan on medium flame.
9. Now add bay leaf, cumin seeds and asafoetida, allow to crackle.
10. Now add grinded tomato-onion-green chilli paste, ginger-garlic paste and sauté it till oil separate.
11. Now add turmeric powder,1/4 tsp black pepper powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, fennel powder, sugar and salt, stir well for a minute.
12. Now add 1 cup of water(or you required) water, mix well and stir for 4 minutes.
13. Now add cream, garam masala powder and kasuri meth, stir well and off the flame.
14. Now pour the gravy in a bowl and place the aloo kofta on the gravy.
15. Now garnish with coriander leaves and serve delicious Aloo Kofta Curry with chapati or rice.