Soya chunks is a very healthy side dish. Last Sunday when I visited my sister’s home at vadodara. She prepared dry soya chunks for me. The taste of this was so yummy. I asked the full recipe to her and Today I tried.
To remove the impurities and raw smell from the soya chunks I soaked it in hot water for 20-25 minutes. After that wash it with cold water for 2-3 times. I used fennel powder which is also help to remove the raw smell from soya chunks.
Dry soya chunks is cooked by soya chunks, onion, tomato, ginger-garlic, green chilli and some spices. It easily goes with rice and Indian breads like chapati, paratha.
Here are other recipe of soya chunks soya chunks curry
Today My Daawat is sharing an easy Dry Soya Chunks Recipe with you
½ cup soya chunks.
1 medium finely chopped onion.
1 medium finely chopped tomato.
1 finely chopped green chilli.
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
¼ tsp red chilli powder.
½ tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
1/4 tsp mustard seeds(rai).
1/2 tsp fennel powder(sauf).
½ coriander powder(dhaniya).
¼ tsp black pepper powder(kali mirch).
¼ tsp garam masala powder.
Required salt to your taste.
1.5 tbsp oil.
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves(dhaniya patti).
How to cook Dry Soya Chunks Recipe
1. Firstly heat water in a container till bubbles up
2. Now off the flame and add soya chunks. Keep aside for 20-25 minutes.
3. Now wash the soaked soya chunks in cold water around 2-3 times to get rid of the raw smell.
4. Now drain and squeeze the water. Keep aside.
5. Now heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan on medium flame
6. Now add squeezed soya chunks and sauté it till light golden.
7. Now keep out from the pan.
8. Now heat ½ tbsp oil in the same pan on medium flame.
9. Now add cumin seeds and mustard seeds .
10. After crackled add finely chopped onion and sauté for a minute.
11. Now add ginger-garlic paste and finely chopped green chilli. Saute for few seconds.
12. Now add finely chopped tomato and cook for 2 minutes.
13. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, fennel powder and black pepper powder. Mix well.
14. Now add semi fried soya chunks and salt, Sauté for 2-3 minutes on low-medium flame.
15. Now add garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves.
16. Now serve the yummy Dry Soya Chunks with chapati or rice.