Soya chunks is also known as soya nuggets or meal maker. It is rich in protein and vitamin ‘B’. This curry is full of nutritious and also easy to make at home.
Here My Daawat is sharing an easy and yummy soya chunks curry recipe for you that is simple to make and healthy too .
½ cup soya chunks(meal maker/ soya nuggets).
1 large size of onion(pyaj).
2 medium size of tomato.
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
1 green chilli(hari mirch).
1 tbsp milk.
2 tsp cream.
½ tsp chilli powder .
1/2 tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
1 tsp coriander powder (dhaniya)
1/2 tsp garam masala powder.
A pinch of asafoetida(hing).
1 bay leaf( tej patta).
1 tbsp coconut powder.
1/2 tsp black pepper powder(kali mirch).
½ tsp turmeric powder(haldi).
1 tsp fennel powder(sauf).
1-1.5 tbsp oil.
8-10 cashew nuts(kaju).
How to cook Soya Chunks Curry Recipe
1. Take 2 cup of water and milk in a container, Boil it till bubble up.
2. Now off the flame and add soya chunks, Cover it and keep aside for 20-30 minutes.
3. After that wash it 2-3 time with water and cut soya chunks in 2 pieces.
4. Heat 2-3 tsp oil in a pan on medium flame and add soya chunks ,saute for 2-3 minutes.
5.Take tomato, onion, green chilli, cashew, almonds and ginger-garlic in a grinder and grind it.
6. Heat 1 tbsp(large spoon) oil in a heavy based pan on medium flame.
7. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf and asafoetida, Allow to crackle.
8. After crackled add grinded mixture and sauté on medium flame for 3-4 minute.
9. When oil start to leave then add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder, coconut powder, fennel powder and cream,mix well.
10. Now add 1 cup of water(or you required), salt and sliced soya chunk, Stir for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
11. At last add garam masala powder and stir for a minute.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot and yummy Soya Chunks Curry with rice or chapati.