Farali khichdi Recipe is an easy, light and healthy farali recipe. It usually made during fasting days like shravan month, navratri , shivratri. This dish made with tapioca pearls(sabudana/sago), peanuts, potato and few spices. farali khichdi is most popular and common recipe make on fasting days and it is my favourate fasting food and I always love it. My Daawat is sharing simple farali khichdi recipe with you.
1 cup tapioca pearls(sabudana).
1 small size potato(aloo).
½ cup dry roasted peanuts(moongfali dana).
1 finely chopped green chilli(hari mirch).
1 tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
1 tsp sugar.
1 tsp lemon juice.
4-5 tsp oil.
Required black salt(sendha namak).
How to cook Farali Khichdi Recipe
1 .Firstly wash tapioca pearls(sabudana) with water.
2. Now soak fully in water for 15-20 minutes and remove extra water,cover it and keep overnight.
3. After that add sugar and keep aside.
4. Now chop the potato.
5. Now take peanuts in a grinder and grind it.
6. Now heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds allow to crackle .
7. Now add green chilli(hari mirch) and sauté for a minute on medium flame .
8. Now add chopped potato and cook for 4-5 minute on medium flame.
9. Now add grinded peanuts and black salt stir for a minute.
10. Now add the sabudana and stir well on low flame 1-2 minutes.
11. Now off the flame and cover it,keep aside for 5-7 minutes.
12. Now garnish with coriander leaves and add lemon juice.
13. Serve hot and delicious farali khichdi with curd.