Matar Paneer Recipe is one of the most popular paneer recipes from north India.
It is a yummy combo of paneer cubes and green peas which is spicy tomato based gravy.
I used the semi fried paneer cubes, boiled green peas, tomatoes, onion, milk cream and ginger-garlic paste. Cream gives a rich flavor and tomato gives a tangy taste.
Here My Daawat is sharing an easy Matar Paneer Recipe with step by step pictures to make more easily.
It goes well with chapatti, plain paratha, naan and fried rice.
200gms green peas (matar).
125 gms paneer.
2 medium size tomatoes.
1 medium size of onion.
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
1 green chilli.
1 tbsp milk cream.
½ tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
A pinch of asafoetida(hing.
1/4 tsp turmeric powder(haldi).
½ tsp red chilli powder(lal mirch).
½ tsp coriander powder(dhaniya).
½ tsp fennel powder(sauf).
1 cup water.
1 tsp garam masala powder.
Required salt to your taste.
Oil for deep fry.
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves(dhaniya patti).
How to cook Matar Paneer Recipe
1. Firstly boil the green peas in a container. When cooked then keep aside.
2. In a grinder take 1 chopped onilon and green chilli make a paste, keep aside.
3. In the same jar add chopped tomato, Grind them and make puree.
4. Now heat oil or ghee in a heavy base pan on medium flame and fry the paneer cube for 2 minutes. Keep in plate.
5. Now heat 1 tbsp oil in the same pan on medium flame.
6. Now add cumin seeds. After crackled add onion-green chilli paste and ginger-garlic paste. Saute for a minute on medium flame.
7. Now add tomato puree and cook them till oil start to leave on sides.
8. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and fennel powder. Cook for a minute.
9. Now add cooked green peas mix well.
10. Now add milk cream, required salt and 1 cup of water. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
11. Now add fried paneer cubes and garam masala powder. Mix well and cook for a minute.
12. Now garnish with coriander leaves and Serve the delicious Matar Paneer with chapatti or plain paratha and fried rice.