Aloo Paratha is most popular shallow fried stuffed paratha in north India and useually served for breakfast. For making stuff i used potatoes, lemon juice, onion and some spices. It is delicious flat bread which goes with green chutney, sauce or curd. I learned this recipe from my mother. Today I am sharing easy Aloo Paratha Recipe with you.
3 medium size of Potatoes(Aloo/batata).
2 finely chopped Green chilies(hari mirch).
1 tsp ginger paste(adrak paste).
½ tsp garam masala powder.
1 finely chopped onion.
1 tsp chilli powder.
1 tsp coriander powder.
1 tsp fennel powder(sauf).
½ tsp sugar.
1 tsp lemon juice.
1 tsp cumin powder(jeera powder).
½ tsp turmeric powder(haldi).
2 cups of wheat flour (gehu ka aata).
3 tsp oil.
½ cup chopped coriander leaves.
Butter(ghee) for shallow fry.
How to cook Aloo Paratha Recipe
1. Firstly boil the potatoes and allow to cool.
2. Now peel the potatoes and mash it.
3. Now heat 2 tsp oil in a frying pan on medium flame.
4. Now add chopped green chilli, ginger paste and chopped onion, sauté for 1-2 minutes.
5. Now add all spices like turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder,fennel powder and required salt, mix well and off the flame.
6. Now add mashed potatoes, lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and keep aside.
7. Now take wheat flour(aata), salt and 1 tsp oil in a large bowl, mix well and knead smooth dough adding little water.
8. Cover it and keep aside for 20 minutes.
9. After that divide dough into 7-8 equal portions and make small balls.
10. Now take 1 dough ball and roll it into 3-4 inch diameter circle and fill the aloo stuff and seal it properly.
11. After that again roll stuffed ball into 7-8 inch circular size.
12. Now heat tawa on medium flame and put aloo paratha on it.
13. And apply ghee both the side and cook them.
14. When it golden brown from both the side then off the flame.
15. Now serve the hot and delicious Aloo Paratha with green chutney, sauce or curd.