Pav Bhaji Recipe is most popular and perfect Mumbai street foods recipe. It is spicy and smooth mixed mashed vegetables curry which usually serve with shallow fried(buttered) pavs.
The vegetables I used in bhaji is cauliflower, potato, green peas, carrot, tomato, capsicum, green chilli, everest pav bhaji masala and some spices.
Butter is the most important element in bhaji which gives a flavorful bhaji. .
Here My Daawat is sharing an easy Pav Bhaji Recipe with you.
1 medium size potato(aloo/batata).
1/4 cup cauliflower floret(gobhi).
1/4 cup chopped carrot(gajar).
1/4 cup green peas(matar).
1 medium finely chopped onion.
1 large size finely chopped tomato.
1 small sized finely chopped capsicum.
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
1 finely chopped green chilli.
1 tbsp everest pav bhaji masala.
1/4 tsp chilly powder.
1/2 tsp turmeric powder(haldi).
1/2 tsp cumin seeds(jeera).
1 cup water.
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
2 tbsp butter for serving.
2 tbsp ghee or butter.
Required salt to your taste.
8 buttered pavs.
1. Firstly wash all the vegetables with fresh water. Peel and cut potato.
2. Now take potato slice, chopped carrot , green peas, cauliflower florets and 1 cup water in a pressure cooker.
3. And pressure cook all the vegetables for 2 whistles.
4. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
5. when they cooled then roughly mash all the steamed vegetables with potato masher. It should be lightly or semi mashed.
6. Now heat butter or ghee in a pan on medium flame.
7. When melted then add cumin seeds.
8. After crackled add finely chopped onion and sauté for a minute or till tranparent.
9. Now add the finely chopped green chilli and ginger-garlic paste. Saute for 35-40 seconds
10. Now add chopped tomatoes and saute it on medium flame till they become soft or oil starts to leave on sides.
11. Now add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and everest pav bhaji masala.
12. Now add the finely chopped capsicum. Saute for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
13. Mix well. Saute for a minute.
14. Now add the roughly mashed vegetables. Mix well.
15. Now add 1-2 tbsp water and salt. Mix well and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
16. Now add butter and garnish with coriander leaves.
17. Serve hot and yummy Pav Bhaji with chopped onions and lemon slice.
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: