Rajma Curry is a most popular and much loved spicy curry in the Northern states of India. which is basically cooks using kidney beans, tomato, onion, ginger-garlic paste and some Indian spices.
If you are looking for Sunday’s meal then this is a great choice to select rajma curry because it is a much loved spicy curry in India which is easily goes with rice, roti or paratha
Here are other curry recipe raw banana stir fry recipe, masala broccoli recipe, chhole masala recipe, matar mushroom recipe, kadhi pakoda recipe, lauki kofta curry, kadai mushroom recipe
Rajma or kidney beans is rich in protein, iron, copper, manganese and high in fiber.
Here MyDaawat is sharing full recipe of Rajma Curry with you.
1 cup rajma
1/2 cup oil
1 bay leaf
2 whole red chili
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 finely chopped green chili
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
4 medium size onion
1 cup tomato puree
2 tsp ghee
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp rajma masala powder
How to cook Rajma Curry Recipe
1. Firstly soak the rajma In a large bowl with enough water for 8-9 hours.
2. Now rinse the soaked rajma and take in pressure cooker with 1 tsp salt and 3 glass of water.
3. Cover and cook on medium-high flame up to 4 whistle.
4. Heat 1/2 cup of oil in a heavy based pan on medium flame.
5. Once the oil is hot add roughly chopped onions and fry for 5-6 minutes till golden brown.
6. When cooked then keep out in a plate, allow to cool and make a paste.
7. In the same pan bay leaf, 2 whole red chili, cinnamon stick and cumin seeds. Allow to crackle.
8. Add finely chopped green chili and ginger-garlic paste Cook for few seconds.
9. After that add tomato puree, Mix well and cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
10. 2 minutes later add fried onion paste and again cook for 2 minutes.
11. Add 2 tsp ghee and mix well.
12. Now add turmeric powder and red chili powder. With 1 tbsp of water cook for few seconds.
13. Gravy cooked so add 1/2 tsp salt and roasted cumin powder.
14. Mix well and pressure cooked rajma with 1 cup of water.
15. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium flame.
16. Remove the lid and add garam masala and rajma masala.Cook for a minute.
17. Garnish with coriander leaves, serve hot and spicy Rajma Curry with rice or chapati or paratha.
For more video recipes please visit our YouTube channel Mydaawat