Shahi Tukda or Double ka Meetha or Shahi Toast is a Hyderabadi famous and delicious sweet dish, which is made by using bread, milk, sugar, cardamom powder and some dry fruits.
This is very easy to make at home without putting any extra efforts. To make this traditional sweet recipe in authentic style, deep fry the breads in melted butter, soaking it in sugar syrup and then drizzling with creamy rabri.
Shahi means royal and tukda means piece that translates to a royal piece of dessert which is prefect and unique sweet dish for guest.
You can make this yummy dish any special occasions like diwali, dashera, holi, rakshabandhan or any home parties like birthday, anniversary.
Here are other recipes of sweets Poha ladoo recipe, lapsi recipe, khas khas halwa recipe, til ladoo recipe, gajar milk halwa recipe , vermicelli kheer .
Today Mydaawat is sharing an easy Shahi Tukda Recipe with step by step Pictures which helps to make it more easy.
7-8 bread slices
1 liter milk.
1 cup ghee.
5-6 sliced almonds.
5-6 chopped cashew nuts.
5-6 chopped pistachio.
1 cup sugar.
¼ tsp cardamom powder.
How to Cook Shahi Tukda Recipe
1.Boil milk in thick pan. Bring it to boil on medium flame.
2. When it star to boil, reduce the flame and boil until it remains half or 10-15 minutes. Stir well.
3. After that add 1 tsp sugar, almonds, cashew nuts, pistachio and cardamom powder. mix well and and boil for 3-4 minutes more.
4. In a steel container add remaining sugar with 1/4 cup of water. Stir well and dissolve the sugar, boil for 3 minutes or till sugar syrup thickens.
5.Remove sides of breads.
6.Heat ghee in a pan and deep fry the bread slices on medium flame.
7. Flip and fry it until light golden brown and crisp.
8.Dip the fried bread slices in sugar syrup for 10-12 seconds.
9. Place bread slices on a serving dish, pour rabri on top, garnish with dry fruits and served mouth watering Shahi Tukda.
Thank you 🙂
Thank You Ravina 🙂
Thanks For Sharing this Amazing Recipe. My Family Loved It. I will be sharing this Recipe with my Friends. Hope They will like it.