Vermicelli Kheer with Jaggery is most popular sweet dish in south india. It is one of the easiest and quick recipe. And also my all time favorite dessert.
Last time I prepare vermicelli kheer with milk and sugar but this time I used vermicelli, milk and jaggery, and flavored with cashew, rainsins and cardamom powder which makes it more yummy.
Here is Vermicelli Kheer with Jaggery Recipe.
3 cups milk
1/2 cup ermicelli(seviyan/semiya).
1 cup crashed jaggery(gudh)
¼ tsp cardamom powder(ilaichi).
8-10 cashew nuts(kaju).
2 tsp ghee.
How to cook Vermicelli Kheer With Jaggery
1. Firstly take crushed jaggery in a steel container with 1 cup of warm water.
2. And heat it on medium flame until slightly thick. Allow to cool.
3. Now heat 2 tsp ghee in a pan on medium flame.
4. Add cashew nuts and raisins and fry till they get brown. Keep aside.
5. Now add vermicelli in the same pan and roast on low flame till it light golden.
6. Now add milk and ilaichi powder.
7. Stir continuously on low-medium flame for 12-15 minutes.
8. Now add chopped cashew nut and rainsins. Mix well.
9. Now strain jaggery water and add in the kheer.
10. Cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
10. Now garnish with dry fruits and serve delicious Vermicelli Kheer.